The school’s purpose is to support the mission of Wolf Creek Academy. Our belief is – “A Hope and a Future for Every Child”. Our mission is to provide a quality education to each student and help students master curriculum knowledge via the Accelerated Christian Education system. The education department supports the mission of WCA through classroom functions, diagnostic testing, prescribed curriculum, staff training, and, participation in the three (3) tiered system of evaluation, care, and treatment. Students are given opportunities to learn accountability and responsibility through specific classroom procedures.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. — Jeremiah 29:11
Wolf Creek Academy dual-enrolls all students with Lighthouse Christian Academy for accreditation purposes. Lighthouse Christian Academy (LCA) is accredited through Accreditation International. As a direct result of its accredited status, Lighthouse Christian Academy can validate the education students receive while attending WCA since we have earned A.C.E. Quality Status and our students automatically qualify for this program.
Lighthouse Christian Academy (LCA) has full accreditation status by Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS) and by Accreditation International (Ai). Ai is a recognized member in good standing with National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and the International Council for Education.
WCA supports the concept of establishing daily goals in school work. A planned day will be a successful day. Daily goal setting establishes priorities and creates the pathway for completing work in a timely fashion; a learned skill for use throughout life.
- Students must be at levels where they can perform.
- Reasonable goals must be set.
- Students must be controlled and motivated.
- Learning must be measurable.
- Learning must be rewarded.
Whether the student is a high achiever or a moderately paced learner, the Accelerated Christian Education educational process proceeds at the exact level determined by the child’s ability.
Students attend class daily in a classroom type setting. The teacher and aids in the classroom provide assistance for students from the sixth grade up to twelfth grade. The quiet environment offers one-on-one attention and tutoring as required. Recognizing that each child is unique with individual learning needs, students are encouraged on a daily basis to work toward accomplishing their goals and continuously progress using techniques designed specifically for them. Often times, a public school setting is full of distractions which cause frustration for the student and can negatively impact their ability to advance. Our therapeutic and nurturing environment is a safeguard for success. We offer various electives such as foreign language, speech, art and physical education. Students thrive while having the opportunity to advance at their own pace; most often an accelerated pace which boosts self-respect, repairs self-confidence and promotes security for a successful future.
The curriculum used at Wolf Creek Academy assures parents of:
- A solid, back-to-basics education for their children.
- A course of study individualized to meet a child’s specific needs and learning capabilities.
- A program incorporating Godly character-building and wisdom principles.
College Entrance Tests
WCA routinely schedules students for college-boards. In April, we implement Stanford Achievement testing for 6th, 9th and 11th graders and post the results on their academic record.
WCA Graduates Have Recently Attended these Colleges and Institutions
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical College, NC
- Palm Beach Atlantic, FL
- Central Carolina Community College, NC
- Palm Beach State, FL
- Copiah-Lincoln Community College, LA
- Pascoe-Hernando Community College, FL
- Crowder College-Webb City, MO
- Radford University, VA
- East Carolina University, NC
- Santa Fe College, FL
- Florida Gulf Coast University, FL
- Southeast Missouri State University, MO
- Florida State University, FL
- University of Miami
- Gaston College, NC
- United States Army
- Gateway Community College, AZ
- United States Navy
- Ivy Tech Community College, IN
- University of Central Florida, FL
- Kingsborough Community College, NY
- University of Colorado-Boulder, CO
- Mars Hill College, NC
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, NC
- Marshall University, WV
- University of Texas – Arlington, TX
- North Greenville University, SC
- Valencia Community College, FL
- Northern Illinois University, IL
- Virginia Commonwealth University, VA
- Ole Miss, MS
- Western Carolina University, NC