Wolf Creek Academy helps students to find or rekindle their love for learning. Our one-room schoolhouse specializes in finding and filling the gaps in each students’ educational foundation. We spend time getting to know each student and building relationships with them. We work to present concepts in ways that make sense to the student by finding what they are passionate about and presenting material in a way that interests them.
WCA teachers help students to establish daily goals in school work. The teachers understand that it is impossible to achieve the goal without setting a goal. Like many in society today, our students have grown comfortable in letting life happen to them and then accepting the consequences. We take the time to teach them that by living intentionally and with a purpose, they can achieve far more than they have ever realized.
Daily goal-setting helps the student establish a priority to their day and sets the path for them to achieve their purpose for the day successfully. With the understanding that each student is unique with individual learning needs, students are encouraged to create specific goals daily, work toward accomplishing their goals, and continuously progress using techniques designed specifically for them.
The schoolhouse is great, and it serves its purpose. However, we also utilize the environment around us to learn beyond the schoolhouse walls. We get students outdoors to experience educational concepts hands-on!
Wolf Creek Academy dual-enrolls all students with Lighthouse Christian Academy for accreditation purposes. Lighthouse Christian Academy (LCA) is accredited through Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS) and by Accreditation International (Ai). Lighthouse Christian Academy’s accredited status allows them to validate the education students receive while attending WCA. Upon completing the WCA program, students leave with a streamlined official transcript that brings their previous schooling together with the classes completed at WCA. With LCA as the school of record, this transcript will simplify the re-enrollment process for WCA students who will continue middle or high school upon leaving WCA. Students may earn their high school diploma while at WCA. WCA Graduates have gone on to enroll in/attend: Vocational Schools, Community Colleges, Universities, and other institutions of higher learning, as well as becoming members of our US Armed Forces.
Some examples of the schools WCA students have
gone on to attend are:
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical College, NC
- Central Carolina Community College, NC
- Palm Beach State, FL
- Copiah-Lincoln Community College, LA
- Pascoe-Hernando Community College, FL
- Crowder College-Webb City, MO
- Radford University, VA
- East Carolina University, NC
- Santa Fe College, FL
- Florida Gulf Coast University, FL
- Southeast Missouri State University, MO
- Florida State University, FL
- University of Miami, FL
- Gaston College, NC
- United States Army
- Gateway Community College, AZ
- Grand Canyon University, AZ
- United States Navy
- Ivy Tech Community College, IN
- Palm Beach Atlantic, FL
- University of Central Florida, FL
- Kingsborough Community College, NY
- University of Colorado-Boulder, CO
- Mars Hill College, NC
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, NC
- Marshall University, WV
- University of Texas – Arlington, TX
- North Greenville University, SC
- Valencia Community College, FL
- Northern Illinois University, IL
- Virginia Commonwealth University, VA
- Ole Miss, MS
- Western Carolina University, NC